Senior Grand Prix
BURY AC – Seniors Grand Prix 2016/17
An annual points competition open to all paid-up members of Bury AC aged 18 or over. This is designed to encourage increased participation in and club events and local races, and so only athletes who have participated in club events will retain their standing in the final table, as outlined in the rules below. The Grand Prix will run from 1st Oct – 30th Sept annually, with prizes given at the presentation evening in early October.
Categories: Men & Women. Senior and Veteran. Veterans are those aged 40 or over at 1st October 2016.
Points: Males & females score separately. No separate scoring for Veterans, so a Veteran could win the overall prize.
The first finisher of each gender among eligible Bury AC runners will be awarded 12 points, the second finisher eleven points and so on down to the eleventh finisher of each gender who earns two points. All other entrants earn one point.
Joker: All athletes get a “joker” which they can use to double the points scored in one race in the schedule. The use of the joker must be advised to the club captain (Byron Edwards or Lizzi Cheshire) at least 24 hours BEFORE the event.
Rules: Please make yourself aware of the following rules, which are not discretionary:
- Runners are responsible for arranging their own race entry, either directly or – for Red Rose and Cheshire League – through the club.
- Points only count where the runner has registered in the race as a member of Bury AC and wears the club vest during the race.
- Only the official, published race results will be used to calculate points awards.
- To retain their place in the final standings, an athlete must have represented the club at on at least 3 separate occasions during the year, in a minimum of two different competition categories. The five categories, which give a total of 14 opportunities to represent the club, are:
- Red Rose Cross Country
- Cross Country championship races: Greater Manchester (7th Jan) and Northerns (28th Jan)
- Northern League Track & Field (any track or field event counts; 6th May, 4th June, 9th July, 5th August)
- Road Relays (12/6 stage – 26th March, NW – 9th Sept, Northern – 23rd Sept)
- Greater Manchester T&F championships (13/14th May)