Club Vision, Objects & Constitution
Our vision for the Club is that it will:
- promote Athletics and the Club in the local community and emphasise the wellbeing Athletics creates;
- offer first class coaching in track and field, cross country and road running
- offer competition opportunities in track and field, cross country and road running;
- provide first class training facilities for members that can be made available to the wider community;
- ensure a duty of care to all members of the Club;
- provide all its services in a way that is fair to everyone;
- ensure that all present and future members receive fair and equal treatment;
- be non-profit making, but ensure that surpluses are re-invested to further the charitable objects of the club;
- promote equal opportunities for all people regardless of their ability, disability, race, nationality, colour, ethnicity or creed.
The objects for the club are:
To promote community participation in healthy recreation in Bury and the surrounding area by providing facilities to participate in athletics.
For these purposes:
“facilities” is defined as land, buildings, equipment, access to coaching and organising sporting activities.
“athletics” is defined as the England Athletics recognised disciplines of track and field, road running, cross country, trail running, fell
running, ultra-distance running and race walking.
Our Club’s Constitution, agreed by the Trustees and approved by the Charity Commission, is the governing document for the club. It can be seen below:Bury-Athletic-Club-CIO-Constitution-Amended Final Draft-23-01-2021
The Club’s charity registration certificate can be viewed via the link below.Bury AC RegistrationCertificate_5165179