Bury Athletic Club
APPLICATION FOR HIRE OF FACILITIES
Bury Athletics Club Track, Market Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 9FX
Please click here to read our CONDITIONS OF HIRE before booking
Conditions for Hiring Bury Athletic Club Facilities
- Completion of booking form via e-mail is required at least 10 days prior to event.
- All bookings will be confirmed by e-mail.
- Agreed booking times must be adhered to and include set up and take down time.
- Invoices will be sent after single event or on completion of a block booking or annually.
- Deposit may be required depending on nature /duration of event.
- No sub-letting is permitted. If more than one group wish to use the facility at any one time, agreement would need to be reached between all parties and Bury Athletic Club
- Cancellation by the hirer will incur no cost if more than 10 days’ notice is given by telephone conversation with staff (tel no. 07947 184 181) or email email@example.com
- 50% of the total hire cost will be incurred if cancelled less than 10 days prior to the event unless the slot is taken up by an alternative hirer.
- A no-show will incur full costs
- Bury Athletic Club cannot be held responsible for cancellations they may need to make due to circumstances beyond their control e.g. poor weather conditions / necessary maintenance.
- No charge will be incurred if a booking is cancelled by Bury Athletic Club and any deposit will be returned.
- Please report to ground staff on arrival. Groundsmen wear a red uniform for ease of identity.
- This should be booked in advance on application form and requested from ground staff on arrival.
Health and Safety
- The Site has a policy of no smoking, no dogs, no cycling and no unauthorised ball games.
- Children under the age of 12 years must be accompanied at all times by a parent/carer. Unaccompanied young people under the age of 18 years must be able to provide evidence of consent to use the facility by a parent/carer. This could be provided either in person, in writing or by telephone.
- If you wish to take any photographs or video pictures whilst on site please ask the permission of the duty manager in advance.
- If you see cameras or videos being used in the facility and you are concerned that there may be potential misuse, please contact a member of staff who will investigate.
- All accidents / incidents are to be reported to a member of staff as soon as possible
- Users who are deemed by the staff to be acting inappropriately or in an unsafe manner will be requested by staff to modify their activities. The staff have the right to terminate the booking if these requests are not met. The hire cost would not be refunded.
- Bury Athletic Club do not provide First Aid assistance, although there is a first aid room in the changing rooms and first aid kit and defibrillator is available.
- It is recommended that you provide qualified assistance of your own or secure the services of a suitable organisation.
- It is recommended that hirers undertake their own risk assessment before each event.
- The hirer should have their own insurance cover in place sufficient for the purpose of hire including damage to the facilities and to third parties. Bury Athletic Club reserves the right to ask for a copy of the policy.
- All users are responsible for personal belongings and equipment whilst on site. Bury Athletic Club accepts no responsibility or liability for loss of or damage to such items.
- Any damaged or faulty equipment etc should be reported to a member of staff.
- Any neglectful or deliberate damage to or misuse of the facility or its equipment will result in costs being incurred by the hirer.
- Cars are parked on the site entirely at owner’s risk. Bury Athletic Club accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to any cars or items therein whilst parked on the facility.
- Please park only on the hard-standing car parks unless advised otherwise.
Litter: We have a recycling policy: There are blue bins around the site for bottles and cans and grey bins for all other rubbish. The hirer will ensure the facility is left in a clean and tidy condition. If left untidy, a charge will be incurred.
Footwear: Trainers or spikes only (maximum spike length 6mm)
Temporary Structures: Tents, marquees etc. shall be allowed only with prior permission from staff
Catering: If the hirer wishes to provide their own refreshments, please ensure all rubbish is properly cleared up and put into correct bins (see above).
Bury Athletic Club reserves the right to alter these conditions or initiate new ones at any time.