Hire Our Facilities
Our newly resurfaced athletics track is open throughout all seasons for casual use or for hire by individuals, clubs, schools & colleges or groups for training and competition.
The facility is also ideal to hire for events such as exhibitions, galas and fund raising days.
For prices and arrangements see below.
The athletics track is widely used for hosting sports days, PE lessons, GCSE assessments and much more. There are numerous options for both junior and senior schools wishing to bring their students down for regular or one-off use of the facility.
What’s at the Venue?
- We have a 6-lane floodlit track (7-lane home straight) and all throwing and jumping disciplines. Additionally there is a 650m shale/cinder track (also floodlit).
- Equipment is available for all age groups from senior level to junior foam hammers, shot putts, javelins and mini hurdles.
- Male and female changing rooms with toilets and showers (one disabled toilet)
- First aid room and kit plus defibrillator
- Clubhouse with chairs and tables and small kitchen
- There is ample parking other than 8am – 4pm weekdays during school terms
Click on the link below to see a video of the Bury AC facility when it hosted the Greater Manchester Track and Field Championships on 12th and 13th May 2018 (courtesy of Daniel Higginbotham of Tech Savvy Solutions):
The picture below also gives an aerial view of the new facility. Click on the image for a larger screen view:
- A member of our ground staff is on duty 12.00 until 3.30pm weekdays
- Other times subject to arrangement by e-mail (see below)
- Subject to private or group hires the track is available for individuals to train at a cost of £3 per session.
Group sessions: £50 for first hour then £40 per hour
Block Bookings by agreement
Use of floodlights: Additional £10 per hour
Use of clubhouse: Additional £10 per hour
Why is there a cost?
The facility has recently been upgraded thanks to funding from Bury Council and grant providers Veolia and Suez amongst others. The facility is managed, with the agreement of Bury Council who are the owners of the land, by Bury Athletic Club, operating as a charitable incorporated organisation (CIO). It is the club that employs the ground staff and funds the day to day running costs. It costs approximately £1,000 per week to run the facility. As a consequence the club operates a reasonable charging structure to cover the costs of operating the facility. This allows the club to meet its charitable objectives.
How to book
Please use the enquiry form below to contact our administrator, and provide dates and times required and nature of booking. If you have any specific questions relating to hiring our facilities please telephone 07947 184 181. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS FOR ENQUIRIES ABOUT HIRING THE TRACK FACILITY – FOR MEMBERSHIP ENQUIRIES PLEASE SEE THE ‘JOIN US’ PAGE ON THIS WEBSITE.