The club management committee has set the date for this year’s AGM. The meeting will take place on Thursday 24th September 2020 and it will commence at 8.30pm.
Due to the ongoing restrictions as a result of the Covid 19 pandemic, the meeting will take place via a Zoom call. Details of logging on to the call will be circulated via the members’ portal in due course.
The proposed agenda is as follows:
- Welcome and introductions.
- Minutes and matters arising from the last AGM.
- Honorary Secretary’s annual report.
- Financial statements and Honorary Treasurer’s Report
- Election of officers of the committee and management committee members
- Appointment of the Honorary President
- Consider nominations for honorary life membership
- BAC Facilities Ltd annual report and proposals for training fees
- Update on transfer to Charitable Incorporated Organisation
In line with the current club constitution, if any member wishes to propose a change to the constitution, this should be made in writing to the club secretary no later than 14 days prior to the meeting.
All registered club members who are over the age of 18 shall have one vote.
The draft minutes from last year’s AGM can be seen below:Bury Athletic Club AGM Minutes 2019
The report from the Honorary Treasurer is below:
There is some additional work being done to complete the financial statements for 2019/20 and they will be presented here as soon as they are finalised.
The committee nominations for officers of the committee are as follows:
Chair – Mark Granby Vice-Chair – Roger Morley Honorary Secretary – Helen Vaughan Honorary Treasurer – Emma Griffiths
The nominations for committee members are:
John Conroy, Ken Smith, Elaine Quick, John Simpson, Justine Bentley, Alison Dale, Andy Vaughan, Byron Edwards, Hannah Price, Fiona Healey
The committee recommends the following appointment:
Honorary President – Jean Simpson MBE
The BAC Facilities Ltd accounts ending June 2019 can be read below:BAC Facilities 2019 Accounts