As we enter Christmas week the last club session of 2020 will take place on Tuesday 22nd and the club will re-open on Tuesday 5th January 2021.
What a year 2020 has been – and it is to everyone’s credit that we have been able to continue operating and that members have been able to compete (whilst competition has been very limited there have been some superb performances from our members). Notwithstanding the disruptions and the difficulties, there has been much to celebrate behind the scenes and we have much to look forward to in 2021. We have:
- Submitted our application to the Charities Commission to become a Charitable Incorporated Organisation.
- Secured funding and approval from Bury Council to upgrade our hammer and discus cage.
- Purchased new high jump stands and two electronic starting devices.
- Secured funding and materials to install new kerbing on the cinder track.
- Secured funding to construct disabled parking spaces as required to obtain our UKA TrackMark accreditation.
- Obtained a cashless payment system – that will also facilitate track and trace.
- Developed the plans for the design of the site and resurface our synthetic track and hopefully secure Sport England funding for the project.
- Hosted time trials for club members.
- Supported Action 4 Children in their key work.
- Maintained our Covid Secure status.
- We have plans in the pipeline for two regional championships and an attempt at a 1 hour record attempt.
The club would like to extend its gratitude and thanks to all our wonderful volunteer coaches and helpers – we would not survive without you.
Finally, can we wish all our members a very Merry Christmas and let us all hope that 2021 will be a kinder year for us all.