Limited training available under Covid-19 regulations
Following the recent relaxation of some Covid-19 restrictions by both the Government and England Athletics (EA) BAC Facilities Ltd are able to offer the facility at Market Street, Bury Athletic Track for limited running training. These will be Monday to Friday afternoons 12.00 to 4.00 (last booking 3.00) and Tuesday 5.30 to 7.30 (last booking 6,30) – bookings maximum 1 hour.
To control the numbers sessions must be pre-booked and paid for in advance.
To control numbers and to ensure a safe routine we are initially restricting this to Bury AC club members who are familiar with the facilities. We would hope in the future to expand this but not until we are comfortable and or we are advised of a further relaxing of the regulations.
Athletes are training at their own risk and must follow Covid 19 guidelines https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-list-of-guidance and EA regulations https://www.englandathletics.org/athletics-and-running/news/coronavirus-statement.
We cannot offer toilet or club house facilities and athletes train at their own risk.
The cost is £2.00 for Bury AC members. We ask coaches or lead athletes to book an hour and pre-pay for the group in advance using the email address below.
The 400m track will be available for running only with one group of 6 (5 if a coach is present) as will the 650m “black” track again 6 running (5 if coach is present).
The only exception will be for 2 throwing events (Shot and Javelin) but these activities must be carried out under the supervision of throws coach Alison Dale by prior arrangement. Alison will also ensure the correct sanitization of equipment is strictly adhered to.
If people arrive in cars please use the full space available and leave 3 metres between vehicles. If parents are bringing children they must remain outside the track area i.e. the car park side of the fence and 2 metres from each other, the fence will be marked at 2 metre intervals.
- Pre-booking and pre-payment a requirement with no exception.
- Individuals must maintain the 2 metre distance between themselves and all other attendees for the duration of the visit. Warm up positions will be taped on the high jump fan 3m apart.
- Personal equipment, water bottle etc must be marked and left on the warm up markers.
- No spectators except for parents or carers of under 18 athletes
- Your time on site must be for the duration of your training session only and you must leave thereafter.
- You must not come to the site if you are ill or any one in your household are showing signs of Covid-19 virus.
With everyone cooperating we can continue to use the site and hopefully expand the use in due course as the global situation improves– Thank you in anticipation
To book please contact email@example.com You will be provided with bank account details in the responding email. Once payment is received the booking will be confirmed.