After 7 years of hard work with fundraising and partnership work with Bury Council we are delighted to announce that we will be getting a new track and jumping facilities at Market Street.
The project to upgrade the facility will commence on Monday 18th July 2022. We hope that the work will be completed by 1st November 2022.
As a consequence the area inside the perimeter fence around the 400m track will be closed for use with effect from 18th July as the area will be a construction site. However, we will still have access to the 650m cinder track, the outdoor exercise area, the changing rooms, the clubhouse and the facilities office. We must stress that in the interests of health and safety that people do not attempt to access the 400m track during the period the construction work is taking place.
Arrangements have been made to provide training facilities for our members/potential members during the period that the 400m track is out of bounds. The below details where the different groups will be holding sessions from the week commencing the 18th July:
• Under11s/9s – Greenhill Primary School, Mile Lane, Bury (BL8 2JH) – sessions will commence at 6.30pm. There is very limited car parking at the school and consideration should be given to local residents when parking to drop children off.
• Under 17s/15s/13s – Each Tuesday – Running Track, Kingsway Park High School, Turf Hill Road, Rochdale OL16 4XA. Session between 6.00 – 7.00pm – Each Thursday – Cinder running track at Springfield Park, Rochdale (OL11 4RE). 6.00 – 7.00pm for shot and 7.00 – 8.00pm track..
• Under 17 Endurance Group – Market Street cinder track and off-site sessions
• Senior Endurance Group – Market Street cinder track and off-site sessions
• Senior Development Group – Market Street cinder track and off-site sessions
• Senior/Junior Sprint Group – Mix Market Street, off-site sessions and Springfield Park
During the period of the construction work other venues will be considered and the club and coaches will communicate any changes to members or parents of members.
We recognise that there will be inevitable disruption to our activities during the period of time that the facility is being updated and improved. However, we are extremely fortunate, given the current financial climate, that this project is getting underway that will secure for us, and the other partners we work with, a facility that will give us security at the site for the next 20-25 years.