In light of the recent easing of Covid19 restrictions by the Government England Athletics has revised its guidelines. As a result the following procedures will be in force at the Bury track from and including Tuesday 28th July.
Because we adhere to the EA guidance we are classed as a Covid Secure Environment and we can increase the numbers as follows:-
- A maximum of 12 athletes per coach
- A maximum of 4 coaches/groups per hour
- Priority is still to Bury Athletic Club members but non-members are welcome, Please see the booking process below.
- Toilets – only the disabled facility will be open for all to use but no changing or club house facilities are available. Please follow the on-site directions.
We still need to observe “Track and Trace” so booking of sessions must be prearranged.
1) for Bury AC coaching groups this is through your coach. You will need to confirm you have read the guidelines below. Cost £2.00 per session (£3.00 for non members) paid in advance.
2) for individual sessions please email firstname.lastname@example.org week days 12.00 to 16.00 last booking 15.00.
3) club members have a 7 day forward booking option. Non members can book any free remaining slots at 36 hours notice..
4) your name and contact details will be held securely for 21 days then destroyed.
Rules and Guidelines to be followed on site at all times, which all coaches and athletes must have read and understood before they come to the site:-
- Anyone with any symptoms or feeling ill must not attend the site.
- Observe any one-way systems in place on site plus all instruction signs etc.
- Use hand sanitiser where indicated or instructed by your coach (mainly the throwing disciplines)
The current EA guidelines for clubs, coaches and athletes can be accessed via the below link:
- Both running tracks available simultaneously.
- Throws- Javelin and Shot only. Alison Dale is the only coach permitted to use the club implements. Other coaches can bring their own equipment on site by prior arrangement.
- Jumps – only long jump and this is to be one to one coaching (the sand has to be dug and raked after each different jumper which we feel is too onerous) Andy Vaughan is coordinating this activity.
- You are advised to bring your own water or similar refreshment. A drinking water tap will be available on site to fill bottles.
- Parents and relatives of under 18s are welcome to remain on site but should observe the same regulations as the athletes. Also they must stand outside the main track railings and a suitable distance away from athletes training on the outside track.
- Car parking is available on site please be careful crossing the black track both coming on and leaving the facility as this track will be more heavily used.
Coaches are aware of the revised arrangements and will be in a position to arrange sessions for their athletes in accordance with the guidance. This means for Bury AC members there will be sessions planned for seniors, under 17s, under 15s and under 13s. Some sessions will be on the traditional club nights of Tuesday and Thursday (subject to capacity) other sessions will be held during the track opening hours. For more information athletes should contact their coaches. Sadly we do not currently have the coaching capacity to provide sessions specifically for under 11s but we will constantly review these arrangements.
Above all please use common sense, our Covid 19 Coordinator (Roger Morley), club members and coaches have worked very hard to ensure we can enjoy the facilities more widely. So please enjoy being back training and do not spoil it for everyone else.