Senior Grand Prix
Last updated: 30th August 2018
BURY AC – Seniors Grand Prix 2017/18 An annual points competition open to all paid-up competitive members of Bury AC aged 18 or over. This is designed to encourage increased participation in club events and local races. Therefore only athletes who have participated in club events will retain their standing in the final table, as outlined in the rules below. The Grand Prix will run from 1st Oct – 30th Sept annually, with prizes given at the presentation evening in early October.
Categories: Men & Women. Senior and Veteran. Veterans are those aged 40 or over at 1st October 2017.
Points: Males & females score separately. No separate scoring for Veterans, so a Veteran could win the overall prize. The first finisher of each gender among eligible Bury AC runners will be awarded 12 points, the second finisher eleven points and so on down to the eleventh finisher of each gender who earns two points. All other entrants earn one point.
Joker: All athletes get a “joker” which they can use to double the points scored in one race in the schedule. The use of the joker must be advised to the club captain (Byron Edwards or Lizzi Cheshire) at least 24 hours BEFORE the event.
Rules: Please make yourself aware of the following rules, which are not discretionary:
- Points only count where the runner has registered in the race as a member of Bury AC and wears the club vest during the race.
- Runners are responsible for arranging their own race entry, either directly or – for Red Rose and Cheshire League – through the club. Bear in mind that some races may sell out, so enter early.
- Only the official, published race results will be used to calculate points awards.
- To retain their place in the final standings, an athlete must have represented the club (or made themselves available for selection where competitive places are limited) for at least one fixture in a minimum of two of the three primary competitions in which Bury AC compete:
- Red Rose Cross Country (4 fixtures Oct-Dec)
- Northern League Track & Field (4 fixtures May-Aug)
- Road Relays (3 fixtures; 1 in March & 2 in September)
|Race type||Specific event||Date||Points award||Event link / entry|
|Cross Country||Any Red Rose event||4 fixtures (Oct-Dec)||By highest finish position in any eligible race||Results|
|Parkrun (5km)||Heaton parkrun||Sat 17th March 9am **Rescheduled**||By finish position||Results|
|Multi-terrain 10 miles||Terry Nortley||Sun 25th Feb 11am||By finish position||Results|
|Road 10k||Salford 10k||Fri 30th March 10am Good Friday||By finish position||Results|
|Multi-terrain 10k||Radcliffe 10k||Sun 15th April 11am||By finish position||Results|
|Trail 5k||JIm Taylor & Andy McAllister Cowm 5k Race, Whitworth||Wednesday 16th May 7pm||By finish position||Results|
|Track 3,000m||Any Cheshire League||4 fixtures (May-Sep)||By fastest time achieved in any eligible race||See Bury AC website / newsletter|
|Trail 5k||Stan Curran Reservoir race||Thurs 23rd August 7pm||By finish position||Results|
|Road 10k||Bury 10k||Sunday 16th Sept 09:30||By finish position||Enter here|
|Half marathon||Any*||Any||By fastest time in any half marathon – times to be submitted to club captain||N/a|