Short and sweet this month but some important points so please take five minutes to read and respond accordingly.
Fixtures. There is now a fixtures page on the website which will be updated regularly and allows you to find the key club fixtures that are up and coming. This can be found in the “Competitions” drop down menu on the front page of the club website. A shortcut is here. Red Rose XC fixtures have been announced and are on here.
Road Relay. Will ALL competitive athletes please confirm to Lizzi (ladies) or Byron (men) whether or not you are available for this season’s road relays:
- North West Road Relay – Saturday 8th September – Delamere Forest
- Northern Road Relay – Sunday 23rd September – Sport City
- National Road Relay – Saturday 6th October – Sutton Coldfield (men need to qualify)
Grand Prix. The three final fixtures are all imminent:
- Stan Curran 5k, this Thursday, 23rd August. Enter here. We will probably congregate afterwards in the pub for food and a pint.
- Cheshire League 3,000m. The last Cheshire League Fixture is at Salford Met on Sunday 2nd September. Please respond to Brianne’s email to confirm whether or not you can compete.
- Bury 10k. This is on Sunday 16th September. Enter here.
Christmas Party & Presentation Evening. These are being combined into a single event, which will be held on Saturday 15th December. Please hold the date.
London Marathon. Allocation of club places will be announced on 5th November. We expect to get one place again. As last year, we will hold a ballot to allocate the place, shortly after entries open. To enter the club ballot, you need to have entered and been rejected from the main ballot. Members who have not previously won the club place will be prioritised. Main ballot results are expected in early October.
If you have any questions, please contact either Byron Edwards or Lizzi Cheshire.
19th August 2018