It’s new year, so a great time to fill your shiny new diary with club fixtures. Here are 2018’s key dates for senior athletes. They are in a handy chronological order, so you have no excuses to miss any!!
- Saturday 6th: Greater Manchester Cross Country. Entries closed.
- Saturday 13th/Sunday 14th: National Indoor Championships, Sheffield. The full range of sprints, endurance (up to 3,000m), jumps and throws are available.
- Saturday 20th: Grand Prix Race #2 – Heaton parkrun.
- Saturday 27th: Northern Cross Country, Harewood House, Leeds Entry via Alison Dale; closes 12th Jan. Note – this will be the course for the National in 2019.
- Saturday 24th: National Cross Country, Parliament Hill Fields, London Entry via Alison Dale; closes 12th Jan.
- Sunday 25th: Grand Prix Race #3 – Terry Nortley 10-miler. Enter here.
- Sunday 25th: 12 & 6 stage Northern road relays
- Friday 30th (Good Friday): Grand Prix Race #4 – Salford 10k. Enter here.
- Saturday 14th: ERRA National 12 & 6 stage road relays
- Sunday 15th: Grand Prix Race #5 – Radcliffe 10k. Enter here.
- Saturday 5th: Northern League Fixture #1, Blackburn.
- Sunday 6th: Cheshire League Fixture #1, Trafford
- Saturday 12th/Sunday 13th: County Athletic Championships, Bury
- Wednesday 16th: Grand Prix Race #6 – Jim Taylor & Andy McAllister Cowm 5k Race. Enter here.
- Saturday 2nd: Cheshire League Fixture #2, Wrexham
- Sunday 3rd: Northern League Fixture #2, Bury.
- Sunday 8th: Northern League Fixture #3, Tameside
- Sunday 15th: Cheshire League Fixture #3, Crewe & Nantwich
- Saturday 4th: Northern League Fixture #4, Cleckheaton
- Thursday 23rd: Grand Prix Race #8 – Stan Curran 5k Reservoir Race. Enter here.
- Sunday 2nd: Cheshire League Fixture #4, Salford Met
- Sunday 16th: Grand Prix Race #9 – Bury 10k. Enter here.
Red Rose Presentation evening: this will now be held at 19:30 on Friday 2nd February at Horwich RMI. Tickets available from Alison Dale. Results from the series and a list of Bury prize winners can be found here.
Website: further details of the key competitions for seniors can be found on the website. These pages contain information about how the competitions work, future fixtures and past results:
- Senior Grand Prix
- Northern League (Track & Field)
- Red Rose Cross Country
- Cheshire League (Track & Field) – to follow
- Road Relays – to follow
Volunteers: the club is run entirely by volunteers. We are looking for additional help in a numbers of areas:
- club admin
- team management over the summer
- people to train as officials to help us out at track and field events.
If you can help, please contact Helen Vaughan at email@example.com
If you have any questions, or there’s anything else that you’d like to see in the newsletter please don’t hesitate to contact Lizzi or me by email, Facebook or in person at the track (I’m there most Tuesdays, as is Lizzi).
If there’s anything else that you’d like to see in the Newsletter, please contact:
- Byron Edwards – Men’s team captain Byronedwards74@aol.com
- Lizzi Cheshire – Ladies’ team captain firstname.lastname@example.org
Byron Edwards, 1st January 2018